Tuesday, May 18, 2010

In The Men's Room


This fierce/perplexing editorial, with model Edita Vilkeviciute shot by Mario Testino, is featured in the June 2010 issue of Vogue Germany.

(I know that I seem to be confused by editorials more often than your typical fashion-mag devotee, but it's not my fault that I am compelled to look for the message behind the madness. My imagination just gets the best of me!)

Still though, a gorgeous woman dressed in gorgeous gowns, posing next to... a toilet?

Fuh reals?

Now, I'll spare you my overly-dramatical ruminations on "the pristine amongst the dirty" or "elegance captured in a state of gracelessness," and allow you to make of these images what you will...

Lost Between the Marble Walls 
(A Model's Bathroom Struggle)
Much to her chagrin, Edita's date failed to pick up on her hints at a bathroom makeout-session.
And so she waits...

Instantly alarmed, Edita stares at the urinal on the opposite wall.
(Yes, it's gonna be one of those nights.)

*Bulimia joke withheld on account of good taste*

Powdering her nose or "powdering" her nose?
(Cocaine jokes are right at the precipice of my taste-level. I'm tacky like that.)

Someone needs to tell Edita that that's not how you do it...
Please, before she ruins a perfectly good dress.

***

Hey, just because I can crack jokes about it doesn't mean I understand it.

[photos: fashiontography]

No comments:

Post a Comment