Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fiber Optics


You know how, a few years ago, everyone was going on about how "fiber optics are the wave of the future" and that they would change the medical and technological worlds and blah blah blah?

Well, they weren't just talking about the dazzling fiber optic Christmas tree displays, several of which I myself have owned and consequently left in front of my neighbors apartments.

(True story, ask the brother.)

And they also weren't just talking about the fiber optic cameras that have been created and utilized for surgical purposes.

No. They were talking about something much, much greater.

And we have Italian-born designer, Francesca Castagnacci, to thank for finally ushering in the future on a four-inch heel:

Fiber. Optic. Shoes.

Yep, this brilliant creative mind has woven optical fibres into the fabric she uses in creating her line of footwear, and the results are nothing short of... well, optical opulence.


Now, the only question that remains is:

Who's gonna help me day-time stalk my neighbors, get my old Christmas tree back to it's rightful owner, and get "Operation Busted-Budget Christmas Tree Pumps" underway?

... Anyone?

1 comment: